Wire-O binding winds a circular, double-wire strip through pre-punched holes along the book’s binding edge. The technique is ideal for cookbooks, manuals, and notebooks because they lie flat when open for hands-free use. Wire-O eliminates step-up; page content aligns properly from side to side across a spread. It allows for a mix of paper and cover stocks to accommodate foldouts, tabs, and inserts.
There are many uses for Wire-O with standard books, A-frame, Semi-concealed, Split Wire-O and Split Wire-O with hanger hook (calendars) being some common variations. Wire-O binding elements are available in a variety of colors, samples available upon request. Exact matching of sensitive graphics or PMS-matched colors are also available.
Note: additional charges and manufacturing time apply for all color matches.
- Four automatic binders
- Punch hole ratio:
- 3:1 One sheet to 9/16 inch
- 2:1 5/8 inch to 1-1/4 inch wire
- Binding edges: One inch to 20 inches
- Book thickness: Up to one inch
- Punch hole patterns: Round, square
- Wire pre-formed from factory
- Standard colors: Black, white, red, blue, gray, green, pewter, copper
- PANTONE® PMS colors: Special order
Wire-O® is a registered trademark of James Burn International.PANTONE® is a registered trademark of Pantone, Inc.